Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Canning everything!


Did you know that you can can almost anything!? My dear friend D intro'd me into this glorious arena! I have now canned peaches, pears, green beans, pinto beans, peach jam, chili and pork and beans!!! I plan on canning enchilada sauce and more beans this week. There is nothing better then going down stairs and seeing rows of fresh preserved food!!! Not to mention the savings!! And I won't have to drudge in the cold winds of winter frequently! Lovin' that!!


Because although I love the snow-I love to LOOK at the snow while sipping hot tea and working on a project! I do not love running to the store everyday for food! My plan is to only go out for weekly milk. I will bake my bread in my handy , dandy breadmaker. And I am serioulsy contimplating using dry milk for us anyway. It is cheaper and we don't drink much milk, on the whole. That would mean I could hibernate all winter!!!Send the children out to sled down the hill(it's actually our septic mound!) and be ready inside waiting with hot chocolate and a fresh plate of cookies!!! Am I dreaming? I love it!!!!

2 comments:

Kelly @ Love Well said...

You're dreaming.

;-)

Just kidding! It could happen.

I just know I would die without my daily bowl of Kashi topped with icy 1% milk.

(And may I add that, last week, we went through 3 gallons of milk due to my pregnant self?!? Out. Of. Control. I'm should be a dairy princess.)

Anonymous said...

Yes, you can can just about anything. This summer I've canned jams, salsa, BBQ sauce, pasta sauce, pickles, tomatoes, and pie filling. Also, put away some vegetables in the freezer. I truly enjoy canning. My husband thought I was nuts, but now he is reaping the benefits of all my canning.