Friday, December 28, 2007

Elvis has left the building....

Well, I have always loved Elvis (because I was born in Memphis-and it just wouldn't be right if I didn't!) , but I love and miss my knight in shining armour more....actually , it's more like my knight in a teflar , bullet -proof vest....but you get the just.

I kissed my knight farewell after a much too short holiday together. Where we discovered that being miles apart from each other for long periods of time does not change the constant humor we share!! It's a slightly twisted humor that he and I share.....but its magical!

We spent our holiday cuddling, laughing, crying, shopping, staying up late, getting up early, cuddling again, making googly eyes from across the room, praying, talking, wraping more presents then we intended to buy, cuddling some more, visiting family, sitting with the kids, (did I mention cuddling? lots of that!).....it was the best Christmas......ever.....

Now, as my good friend Mrs. L would say, time to put my big girl panties on! I keep telling myself that we are on the downhill now of his tour-we did the last 10 months, so surly the next 2 and a half should be nothing, right? You know how when you run a race(don't laugh, I used to run) the last leg of it felt the hardest? You were tired, out of breath, and your legs felt like spagetthi-but you pushed through just long enough to make it past the finish line. Well, here I am. Staring down this last stretch of the race. A little older, hopefully a tad wiser, and definately with a tall, house blend, one sugar, two cream coffee in hand!!! Cheers!!!!

2 comments:

Kelly @ Love Well said...

I don't know which is more important to finishing the race well -- big-girl panties or coffee.

(Personally, I'd go with coffee. But that's just because I'm hugely pregnant at this point and ALL my panties are big-girl panties. If you know what I mean.)

We're praying for you guys as you finish out this journey. Your knight will be back before you know it!

Glad you had such a great Christmas. (Miss you.)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, coffee is SO much more important than panties, pregnant or not! When sporting a modest skirt, no one has to know those little details, but there is nothing to conceal an urgent need for coffee.

Hang in there - mark New Year's first. Then look to getting your academic studies back up and running. Then get to Valentine's Day knowing that he'll be home for Easter.

You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you!